The Importance of a Mentor

Share:
Back when I was in school, I have several mentors. I have a special mentor in learning mathematics together with some buddies. I have learned a lot. As I proceed to the next stages of my life, I have several mentors who taught me many things from life causes to their respective areas. Truly, my life was shaped by mentors.

A mentor is a person who is more experienced, who is older, and who is better in all areas or in certain of life. His job is to guide, to supervise the ultimate development of the person. He is not into a business altogether, he is into a big business- the development of the person.

A mentor shares what he has learned in the past. He tries to give the person the knowledge he has acquired at all cost. A special thing about the mentor is that he has already experienced what he is sharing. There is a proof of what he has shared. It is not a new thing but a proven one in the past.

The person is not a mentor when he sent you some notes to read and then forget about you the next. A mentor shares his ultimate goals, his successes and failures, his approach to life. You spent remarkable time with a mentor. You talk to him about things in life that needs the right approach. He is not just a teacher, he is a trusted friend.

As you face life's upheavals and schisms, you need mentors whose heart is focused for your development. It does not necessitate that your mentor is a perfect man but if you trust your mentor, that's enough. Indeed, your mentor is a very helpful person in achieving your dreams and aspirations in life.