Philippine Politics While Jogging

Share:
Thanks Kiara May for this photo. 

I woke up early this morning to jog with some friends. (Opps, yesterday I came late and was only able to dine with them.) The early jog was a wonderful one - and of course, I had my share of political issues tackled to bore their jog. Sorry. :(

The problem of Philippine politics, I told them, is severe that to recover from this sickness is a far-fetched idea. Where in the world can you find politicians without stellar background leading the polls over those who have exemplary stories to display? Where in the world can you find television and movie celebrities running for public office, in large number, and win? Where in the world can you find so much ignorance? (Oh, foul!) Only in the Philippines.

Look at the polls who are leading in surveys, though I don't believe in surveys. I don't have any bad blood against Grace Poe, but hers is just irritating. I don't want a respectful politician, for all these bastards will one day demand respect from us, but I want an able one. I want a senator who can roll out her or his sleeve and fight for my rights before the floor of that hallowed place. I want someone who is not easily swayed by the words and influence of others. Perhaps, this is the reason  I also don't like Bam Aquino. Just another Aquino. I really don't like the family. (If you don't like it, get out.)

On the other corner, I also don't like Nancy Binay. I don't want a Nanay de Pamilya in the Senate. I want a fighter like Risa Hontiveros. If Nancy wins, I would be expecting more of a caregiver and a personal assistant than a debater who can influence outcomes of the plenary session. Risa would be a massive one in there. She stands for what she believes whatever the cost. I love that, even if you say Risa is a leftist. Let it be, I love to see another tiger in the Senate aside from the Iron Lady of Asia.

As we jog in the public park, I persuaded them to vote for Teddy Casiño. His will be lone voice, but he will be a good dissenter. He will play the role well because his stellar record shows it. And he is a fresh name. I love fresh names for they will build their names yet and avoid anomalies that will pull them down.

And of course, I did not forget to mention  the failure of Peter Cayetano and Chiz Escudero to deliver. These were promising guys back 2007, but they were not able to rise to what are expected of them. And I don't like a boxing senator, right Allan? So much mention that you have started to work on PTK, I haven't seen any.

With regards to Chiz, my friend said she is not also voting for him. He is just another opportunist and family breaker, she said. Well, said. I also don't like him. He just wasted years in the Senate in wooing girls and in appearing in TV shows. It was not a cute one, though.

But yeah, in the end, we all agreed that it is hard to fill the 12-seat for the Senate, come May 13. We haven't decided who to include yet. It is hard to trust all these untrusworthy.